The Melanin Collective seeks to dive into our internal self-talk and self-worth. Women of marginalized communities are bombarded with images, stereotypes, and ridiculous expectations for who we should be or should aspire to be. Join us for a discussion and a training on self-oppression. Learn how are you holding yourself back, and how can you become aware of your patterns become your true self!
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Understand what self-oppression is and how it can affect you
- Identify your own voice and understand how internalizing other people’s judgments or behavior can influence how you see and treat yourself
- Begin to understand your trigger points and how to distance yourself from toxic situations
- Learn about tools to help you be kind to yourself, identify strengths and develop strategies that can help you deal with an oppressive environment
- Create a space to reflect and evaluate what makes us unique and powerful
get your ticket